Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where did this year go?

This year is almost over. Can you believe that Christmas is around the corner. With the birth of Malachi in April a big part of the year is a blur. This has been a big year for our family with a lot of changes. We went through the roller coaster ride of the adoption process, some major first time opportunities at work, God gave us Malachi, sleepless nights, learning to be parents, a phase of wanting to be a body builder (haha), first time being away from my wife and son at Bigstuff, our real estate and management company getting jump started off the ground, dreading work each day, interview after interview with no result, opportunity at a new job that stretches my brain to the max, and the everyday opportunity to juggle life.

That sounds like 10 years worth of activities crammed into less than 12 months. Wow how quickly life changes. How has your 2010 year gone? Have you taken the time to reflect on the past year? What about the past 5 or 10 years? How have you approached hard times? I can say with so many highs and lows this year, 5 years, and 10 years...... I have sucked at handling it all. I have avoided the situation, snapped when I should have listened, jumped to conclusion, and treated those close to me in a rude manor. Wow........that was ruff but it has happened.

I need to remember I can't fix it all, I cant do it alone, I have great people along side of me, and our God is amazing. If I get caught up in all the "stuff" life will just be a blur. Another year will pass and I will be caught trying to reflect on what happened. We are surrounded by love which is contagious if you allow your heart to absorb it all in.

Bottom line don't sweat the small stuff that want make a difference 100 years from now. Don't let "stuff" consume your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment