Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Time is Passing--Leadership

My son turned 1 this past Thursday and instantly I thought the world was moving too fast!  Yes, it seemed like yesterday we were driving home from the hospital.  It is amazing how much he has changed over the past year.  He weighed 6 lbs 5 ounces when he was born and now he is approaching 30 pounds.  He went from sleeping every two hours to crawling around and getting into everything.  I am having a hard time remembering what it was like at 3 months and 6 months.  Time has flown……..




As I sit here I think that everyday life is very much the same way.  In our time as leaders how many days have we faced like this?  Life is flying by, we are pushing hard, and the next thing we realize that life just passed us by.  How many important things have we completed that we don't recall?  I have discussed in previous blogs about learning from the past.  That includes our past experiences.  If this is the case, how do we document our past experiences so that we can learn and grow on?  Journal is the best way, but who has time?

I know that I don't have time to journal everyday but I feel like it is more important to document and express my thoughts.  I am taking a personal challenge to journal for the next 30 days of how life is passing by.

I encourage you to take 10 minutes each morning to take the challenge as well.  

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through your wife's. Again, your son is adorable (told your wife that already lol)! Thanks for the uplifting blog, I will be reading more from you :)

    ReplyDelete