Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Thoughts


What an amazing Easter Sunday. The weather was great, we took Kai on an Easter Egg hunt, cooked out with friends, and then in great fashion I watched Life Time with my wife. It was a great Sunday, but more than that it was a celebration of Jesus being ALIVE!!! Jesus had risen on the 3rd day just as he said he would……..

Ok…..most people are saying Anthony you normally blog on leadership and now you are pulling in Easter and Jesus. You are correct! I have said over and over look to your past and you will find great leaders to learn from. Jesus was the best, hands down. He was perfect in everything…..so why would you not put him on your team.

Like so many things I am always looking at the big picture. In the book of Matthew, Chapter 28, we read how the angel tells the women to go and tell the followers that Jesus is ALIVE and he is going ahead of the group and he will meet them in Galilee. It is the greatest event ever……Jesus defeated death for us! So many times the discussion ends there, because it is such a huge event with major impact, we overlook what happens next.

Matthew 28:16-20
16 The eleven followers went to Galilee to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.17 On the mountain they saw Jesus and worshiped him, but some of them did not believe it was really Jesus. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All power in heaven and on earth is given to me. 19 So go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach them to obey everything that I have taught you, and I will be with you always, even until the end of this age."

Even after being beaten and left to die on the cross, he kicks death’s butt, and commands the followers to go and spread the good word. As a leader I think I would have struggled to give that pep rally speech. Talk about leading without fear, leading with an open heart, and leading with a bigger purpose. There are so many things we can learn from the great leader that there is NO way to sum up in one post.

All I can say is that I am grateful that Jesus was looking at a bigger picture, and leading with a purpose so that my sins could be forgiven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment