Sunday, March 20, 2011

Networking......

Networking................

Is networking lost?  No it is not lost but face to face networking is gone.  Look I am networking through Facebook, Twitter, and Blogging.....but how many times are we talking face to face.  Seldom. Why????

Because we can reach people faster through mass networking versus the time it takes to build a face to face relationship.  The time it takes to call someone, get them on the phone, check calendars, make an appointment, meet, and build a relationship allows someone else the opportunity to exchange a dozen emails.  They are one email from completing the deal......

One would think we have progressed and simplified the networking process making life easier.  I would agree except for the over load of spam and fraudulent networking that has created this uneasy feeling that this must be a lie..... I have been looking online for a used car and I am overwhelmed at the number of people that say send us a money order and we will send you the car for free........really!!

Have we created this technology so fast we didn't plan how to police?  I have a new HOA Management company and social networking should be an affordable source of marketing but how do you market without creating that question.......are they for real or is this a scam.

As hard as it is, Face to Face is still very important and is my preferred choice.  I started my company based on the importance of solid relationships and I know building relationships face to face will take longer but in my mind they will last longer......

How will you network?  Do you network for fun or business?  What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment