Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day is an amazing day to celebrate the person that holds the family together.  Without an amazing wife and mother where would our families be.  The saying is very true behind every guy is a better woman.

Ten years ago this year I celebrated my last mother's day with my mom, Sherri Burchette, who was my rock and inspiration growing up.  She stood next to me in all my ups and downs and never doubted me one time.  I remember that last mother's day like it was yesterday.  She was in the early stages of her battle with cancer and she wanted to spend the weekend at her favorite home away from home and just cook out.  We did and had a great time!  It is crazy how time goes by so quick.  Mom I miss you so much and I wish you could be here to see our family.  I am blessed to have an amazing wife who is an extraordinary mother to our one year old son Malachi.  I remember times where Christina had doubt that she would be a good mother, well in the first year she has put those doubts to bed by being an awesome mom!  Mom she is as strong as you, as independent as you, and as compassionate as you.  You would be so proud of Christina!

To my mom, Sherri, and my wife, Christina……Happy Mother's Day and Thank you for all you do!!

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and sweet Anthony!! Your mom would be so proud!! <#

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower via your wife's blog! I am going to get my husband to check out your blog, as I know he can relate!
    Brooke
    http://theintentionalmomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete