Thursday, October 28, 2010

Friends............and then Real Friends!

Have you ever looked at your friends and stepped back to evaluate the status. You know we have different levels of friends. Here is my view of the levels.

1. Life long friends-No matter when, where, why, or how you can pick up like you never missed a day of speaking to each other. They know when you are happy, mad, sad, telling a story,or dodging a tuff conversation. A friend that is there when it all goes south and someone that you can share your deepest thoughts.

2. Your every day friend- the person you can grab lunch with, watch a game with, talk about work, and someone that you can just go below surface level with. These can be great friends but hard for one to share your deepest secrets.

3. The how are you doing friend- the friend you have and the conversation starts and ends with how are you doing.

If you pulled in all of your friends what category would they fall into? I have found as you get older the number in each category changes. The number of life long friends become less and the number of how are you doing friends increase. Why is this?

One, our issues increase and we are less likely to share with others creating hurdles between friendships. I think this can easily be over came, but my second reason is the hardest. We allow our lives to come so busy and full of busy activities we miss out on relationship
building. We miss out on times where you can actually communicate. Real communication......no texting, emails, or face booking. We get stuck being busy and unable to just relax long enough to enjoy a real relationship.

My goal for the next month is to "unbusy" myself to a point where I could enjoy a relationship. Do you need to unbusy your life so that you can fill your life with meaningful relationships.

Your meaningful relationship will only go as deep as you are willing to allow it to go!

1 comment:

  1. I Remember growing up, my mom always told me that by the end of your life you will be able to count the number of your true friends on one hand! The older Im get the more and more this rings true! Love your blog! U better follow me!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete