Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My New Adventure

Back in the day I used to ride motorcycles with a group of close friends, and riding was some of the most freeing adventures I ever had. My bike was stolen when I was living in Wilmington and ever since then I have said one of these days I will purchase another one......OK, most of my friends thought that day would never come........oh how you were wrong. I just purchased a 2003 Honda and am very eager to have some warm weather. To be honest I didn't think I would have ever purchase another bike, and if it had not been for a study I have been working through it would have not happened. I have worked my way through the book Wild at Heart with a band of brothers, and it is amazing on several different levels. I would recommend the book to ALL MEN. In this blog I want go into a lot of detail of the book, but one part talks about the adventure a man needs to fill alive. Riding my bike is the start of finding my true heart and freeing myself from so many mask that I have been hiding behind.

I end today with a passage that has moved mountains for me with my struggle of freeing myself and finding my true heart. God created everything, but out of everything we are the most important of all those things.

James 1: 16-18

16 My dear brothers and sisters, do not be fooled about this.17 Every good action and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon, and stars, who does not change like their shifting shadows.18 God decided to give us life through the word of truth so we might be the most important of all the things he made.

No comments:

Post a Comment